Monday, March 12, 2012

so here we are




Two and a half pounds.  Maybe three.  It's hard to say.  One thing's for sure, though.  There is definitely a baby in there.

I probably shouldn't be quite so surprised.  After all, this whole pregnancy thing has been going on for awhile now.  I have trouble remembering exactly how long it's been, but I can tell you without hesitation that I haven't had a beer--or even, heaven help me, a full cup of coffee--since sometime last August.

But while it seems like this bun's been in the oven for a long time already, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the idea of there being an actual freaking baby living at our house sometime in mid-May.  We started talking seriously about cribs last week, and the whole conversation felt so surreal to me that I was kind of relieved when the topic changed.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm excited.  We're excited.  We've spent a lot of time imagining and anticipating a baby in our lives.  It's just that the realization that this particular baby will soon be here is still kind of a shock.  We aren't ready.  I don't feel ready.

And so, to help me quiet some parts of my brain, I'm making this space to document these last few months of preparation, or lack thereof.  And to share the excitement with you. Maybe you're our faraway friends and family.  Or maybe you're a total stranger who enjoys a good train wreck.  In either case, I'm happy to have you here.  

I'll try to post something new every week, and while this nominally might be a baby blog, that doesn't mean I won't decide that I'd rather write about, say, food.  Or shoes.  Or the weather. If you're patient enough, there should be some good baby pictures at the end of all the babbling.  In the meantime, make yourself at home.  Post in the comments.  Vote in the polls.  Send me links to adorable baby gear.  I probably won't buy any of it, but I love to window shop...

Welcome to Babywatch 2012.




5 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big you are and I haven't seen you yet. That is ridiculous. Can I plan a baby shower for you or is someone else doing it? Vajra

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! welcome back to blogging! you have been missed! and your baby bump is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the baby bump!! :) May is coming up quickly... can't wait for Baby Levien to get here, Cole is ready to play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, good to "see" you again! Been so long. So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to hear your voice. I'm honored to be part of the group who holds some open space for what can only be described as one of the most significant transformations in a woman's life - for ALL sorts of reasons. Here's to humor + windowshopping + setting up real cribs for real babies. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete