Tuesday, July 16, 2013

around the block

Apparently, it's the middle of July. I can't explain it, but that's what the calendar says, so I guess we'll just have to go with it.

Instead of making excuses for not posting, or scrambling to catch you up on everything that's been going on around here--maybe someday I'll tell you about Father's Day--I'm just going to share pictures of a walk that M and I took last week.

Lately, pretty much any trip that M takes out of the house can be categorized under Fun With Sticks. Sticks are one of her very favorite-ist things and collecting them is her prime motivation for traveling down the sidewalk.


The neighbor cats are also a big draw. Meet Rosie. She lives next door and is surprising patient.


We played peek-a-boo for awhile. When you have only been on this planet for fourteen months, peek-a-boo is pretty much the most hilarious thing ever.




When M noticed that there was a stick-sized hole in the neighbor's water meter cover, we had to stop and figure out how to jam a stick into it.


Success!

At the peak of our three block walk, M was carrying six sticks simultaneously. I think there are only three in this particular picture, but she still looks pretty proud. Imagine how proud she'll look when she takes down her first six point buck.

I'm kidding. I think.


1 comment:

  1. I could add some stick pictures from your visit to Ohio - remember in the front yard with Philip? She's a stick kid alright!

    ReplyDelete