Tuesday, May 29, 2012

two weeks



And now, somehow, it's been two weeks. Our days have been blurring together in one long loop of eating, sleeping, contending with dirty diapers, and hosting friendly visitors.

We've made it out of the house a few times.  M has visited my favorite bookstore and our neighborhood library.  She's also logged several hours as a Metro bus passenger and attended her first Memorial Day pancake breakfast at the neighbors' house.  Granted, she's managed to sleep through all of these milestones, but still.




Now that my man is easing his way back into a regular work schedule, M and I are spending a lot of time on our own. As a result, I've had to change a few of my habits.  For instance, I've given up almost every activity that requires the use of two hands. Unfortunately, typing falls into this category, which might help explain my extended absences from the blogosphere.  


I'm also spending an incredible amount of my day sitting on our couch.  While none of this should be surprising to anyone, I'm still having a hard time being so--inert.  It is not my natural state, and I spend significant portions of my day waiting for my partner in crime to get home, so that someone else can sit on the couch and hold a baby.


Having said all that, though, I can't help feeling that being stuck on a couch holding this baby for hours on end may be one of the best things that ever happens to me...

2 comments:

  1. is that a little smile I see? How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable, can't wait to see her again! I love your last statement and completely agree :)

    ReplyDelete